Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, January 28, 2012

God Gave Me You

"God Gave Me You"

So, for a week now I've been trying to think of just the right words for a blog post.  It just hit me tonight to start with using a song as a jumping point.  "God Gave Me You" was a song that I found on one of my infertility inspiration pages.  While it perfectly applies to Joe, I can also relate it to the friends and family that we have had support us for the past five years.  God really has given us people to get through the ups and downs.  We have such a great support system, and hopefully each of you know how we appreciate the love, support, and prayers.

This year I switched positions and now teach resource at Allen with special needs preschool in the afternoon.  While I love my big munchkins, I have really enjoyed going down to preschool and being with the little ones.  Our little ones are mostly working on speech and language, but we have some that have more obstacles ahead of them.  A week ago, Pat and I were set up for a day of preschool screening.  This wasn't my first day of screenings, so I wasn't really expecting such an emotional day.  We met two little ones that really stood out as miracles for surviving the challenges they face.  After the kiddos had gone for the day, I stopped to think about what these little guys face day to day and was a little overwhelmed.  Having a cold, being tired of giving tests, or not having any Diet Coke seem like laughable worries when you stop and think of the medical and physical issues that some little ones are faced with daily.  It's so easy to get caught up in the busy day to day stress of life and forget to take time to be thankful for everything you do have.

Infertility doesn't seem like something you would be thankful for, but yet I have to be thankful.  Through the ups & downs, hope & heartbreak, tests and procedures Joe has always been there for me, and hopefully I've been there for him.  Having gone through so much in expanding our family has brought the two of us together as a couple.  I have faith that our journey will help us to always remember to be thankful and appreciate the blessings we have currently and will have!

Here's the gist...be thankful and appreciate the blessings that you have!

Joe's still working on demolishing the middle bedroom, and thankfully Acuity testing is finished with the big munchkins!  There's nothing much else to report.  I will get my TSH checked again in a week, and we will see if Dr. Bopp changes medicine again or just keeps an eye on things.  There won't be any major news with the IVF journey until April when we get updated testing.  Until then, we just have to keep positive, have faith, and take our vitamins!

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sarah & Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment