Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Week 16 appointment

Just a quick update today!  We went to Dr. Darroca this morning for a regular checkup, we are normal pregnant people so we don't get an ultrasound every time.  Dr. Bopp spoiled us!  Evidently, dopplers and I aren't good friends.  Dr. Darroca said I'm loud, referring to my heartbeat, but I said that's the story of my life.  Once again, we got a sneak peak of Baby Jones in the ultrasound room to get a heart rate!  Today, 138!  Everything is going good, so we go back on February 8th for another ultrasound (don't worry, I've kept a jump drive in my purse since our last one).  Dr. Darroca said he'll be able to check fetal development and all that important stuff, plus we will hopefully see if Baby Jones is a boy or a girl.  For our prayer warriors, just pray that Baby keeps growing and everything looks good on the 8th.  Let's talk about another prayer request for February 8, my blood pressure.  Today, they made me lay down on my left side for a little bit because my BP was so high and then they rechecked it.  I am such a nerd, I totally used my Conscious Discipline STAR breathing and repeated We are calm, We are safe, We can handle this.  It worked, my BP was down after that.  Real talk, my anxiety is so high on appointment day.  I think I'm pretty good on the day to day things, but when it comes to appointment day the whole fear versus faith battle really does a number on me.  We have been through so much to just get pregnant and stay pregnant, I'm always on guard waiting for something to happen.  This morning, I listened to a hymn station on Pandora to try and just give me some calm.  I did hear two of Grandpa Tinkle's favorites, so that made me a little emotional.
Back to the preschoolers tomorrow, so far only one kiddo has commented on my growing belly.  I haven't made a big class announcement with them.  Before our next ultrasound, I will let the kiddos predict boy or girl and offer some name suggestions...because those will be awesome!
Thanks for all the love and continued prayers, we wouldn't get by without our support system!
(I've said it before and I will say it again...we are so blessed.  There are so many couples who work to overcome infertility alone because it can feel so isolating and they don't want judged by others.  It breaks my heart to think how those couples deal because our friends and family have been such an amazing support system and continue to be!!)
While I'm asking for prayers, please pray for a friend who had a miscarriage and now has two angel babies in heaven, pray that Baby A will continue to grow and be strong!  She miscarried on January 2, the same date that we did.  So many emotions, just lift her up!

Have a great week, stay safe and warm!
Love,
Sarah & Joe
For real, I could use some energy back with my preschoolers!😂
Just in case you see me and are curious! 😜

2 comments:

  1. Well, cuz, you have to own your fears; you are entitled to be scared out of your wits, worried that the ultrasound/tests will show an abnormality. Any woman would be. Now...about that blood pressure...serious, but look how you were able to lower it yourself. Good girl. I think you have strength beyond the average pregnant woman and no doubt, even more faith. Let us worry for you, hold you in our prayers, and beg for a healthy baby. You? How about you just take naps, play with the kitties, and do that magic with your school kiddos. We are indeed your warriors, and we are pushing towards a victory---one you will push out later. (See what I did there? :) )
    You and Joe are loved, as is Lil' Jones-y. Will keep your other friend in my thoughts and prayers. As far as hymns from Grandpa Tinkle...he is doing two things: singing to keep you calm, and singing to his great-grandchild. Now...go to sleep. Growing a human is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete