Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Team Indiana Jones


School’s out for summer!  Woohoo! 

Indiana Jones-
That’s what you get when I have to name our team for Race for the Family!  If you’d like to support our team, which includes us, Craig, Audrey, and Cole, you can do so online…
If you are going to be in the Chicago area on Saturday, it’s not too late to sign up!  Go to www.ilraceforthefamily.com.

Thursday, June 7 I met with Dr. Bopp for my post-op consultation.  We reviewed how surgery went, that there more polyps then he’d originally thought so it was a good thing we did the surgery.   Nurse Allison was awesome to get me total cost for meds to help us budget.  My concern was how the cost of surgery was going to impact my HSA, which according to MY plan was going to be what we could use for meds.  Well, they say if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans.  I’m sure He gets a chuckle thanks to me having a set plan and thinking it’s going to go my way.  The business office came in to review our budget without ICSI, so I left knowing a concrete number for out of pocket expense.  After a minor meltdown in the car and accepting the fact that I have to let it go and know that our IVF will happen when it’s meant to!  Faith in God includes faith in His timing, but surely He understands that sometimes that is easier said than done.  I did have to call Joe and tell him I need to listen to him more, because all along he’s said not to have a set time frame in my head so I wouldn’t get disappointed.  Oops, didn’t listen and he was right…ugh, hate to admit that!  Before I left, they checked my TSH just to make sure it was still in the ideal range.  Good ol’ Allison called to say they were decreasing my dosage because my TSH was too low.  (A few people asked how I was losing weight…that’s one perk to a low TSH, now I just need to keep it off!)  We will recheck in four weeks to see if it’s back up.
So, there are still days when I struggle with the emotional ups and downs that follow us along our journey.  It’s important to remember we are so blessed to have been selected to receive the grant, we have a doctor and nurse who are supportive and do everything we need to increase our chances, our friends and family are amazing, and Joe Jones is a pretty terrific husband!  
In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, "Eventually all the pieces fall into place...until then laugh  at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason."
As always, we are so thankful for the prayers, support, and encouragement!
Sarah & Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment