Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

#NIAW #YouAreNotAlone


Wow, I knew I hadn't written in a long time but it's been over a year!  My last blog test was about the results of IVF #2 which weren't what we had hoped for, we have been on an eventful break since that IVF and aren't sure what our next steps are.  However, it's National Infertility Awareness Week so I have to post something!  This year's theme is "You are not alone," and I love it!!  Since we started our infertility journey, we haven't been alone because we have shared everything with our friends and family.  While sharing results such as a negative pregnancy test or another procedure is a challenge, it has also served as a good therapeutic outlet for me.  Every step of the way, we have been blessed with friends and family providing us with encouragement, prayers, and laughs.  Without the Cade Foundation, it is hard to say where we would have gone next.  If you listen to nothing else I say this week to help with infertility awareness, remember the Cade Foundation!!!  Share our story with anyone that you know struggling with infertility and trying to figure out the financial aspect.  That's the joy of infertility, it literally is draining physically, emotionally, and financially.  Our Cade Foundation family has been with us every step of the way.

So, what's up with the Jones' journey to baby?!  Nothing much to be quite honest!  After our failed IVF and experience in a new fertility clinic, I was just done and not sure what I thought about our next steps.  It was time for a break, just time to enjoy life as Joe and Sarah without worrying about shots, appointments, and the ups and downs.  I started back at Ball State to get my Master's in Early Childhood Special Education since special needs preschool is where I need to be.  
Joe's dad passed away at the end of June, so priorities and our focus was shifted.  J2 was one of our biggest cheerleaders and supporters, we always looked forward to our dinner dates with Dad.  One of the biggest things I try and remember is to take advantage of each day that you're blessed with and let others know you love them!  Little Miss Reegan became the newest member of the Jones' feline family, another furry friend and link to J2.  (She's the queen of the castle)
August brought back to school and more classes, insert a tired and crazier than usual Sarah!  I love my classes and what I am learning, but oh my goodness...working full time and two classes per semester=a little more crazy than usual.  We decided that the whole make a baby plan was on hiatus until I'm done with school.  (The last thing this girl needs is additional hormones these days!)  
The new year brought some different loss and grief, January 23 between when I left for school and when Joe got up our fat cat Baby passed away peacefully.  One month later, Kitty passed away after suffering.  They were our first babies and were 16 so they both had good and happy kitty lives.  Losing Kitty and Baby was really more traumatic than I would have expected.  Kitty and Baby were the ones who had to hear me cry and yell about not being able to get pregnant.  Kitty would curl up and cuddle whenever I needed it, I'm not certain but I think pets take on an extra special comforting role when you're battling fertility treatments.   
In the mean time, we have enjoyed two fun trips to Las Vegas which ended up with me having four more tattoos!  The other day when I was driving home, I had the thought (or realization?) that God's plan really is what's best and He knows what we can handle.  In the past year, we have faced the loss of a parent and two pets.  We have been working full time and Joe has taken up cooking while I do homework.  Life is busy and crazy!  There are times when I have this perspective and understand why we haven't had a baby yet and then there are times I still get mad.  Infertility is up and down, it's always with you- even if you're not actively tackling it.  You are not alone in the journey and the love and support of others are what keeps you from going totally bonkers!  
If you or someone you know is dealing with infertility, please share this blog, my name, and the Cade Foundation with them!  We have been blessed and known we weren't alone, we want to be there for others!





Regular version of Sarah and Joe in Vegas
Fancy Sarah & Joe
(FYI- don't get used to this look!)


No comments:

Post a Comment