Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Hello September!

September is here which means it's time for football...and IVF this month!  You would think having the medicine delivered and taking up room in our fridge would be a reality check for me, but no...just changing the calendar did it.  I really thought I had updated our blog at least once this summer since the ultrasound, sorry for being a slacker.  We kicked off August with some tests at Midwest Fertility which were just to make sure all of our levels were in the normal range and give Dr. Bopp up to date information to make the best game plan for our upcoming cycle.  
There really wasn't much time to stress about lab results when I wasn't able to get into my new classroom until the Wednesday before school started.  Thankfully, Joe has connections to a furniture store truck and was easily able to move all of my stuff to Justice in one load.  It took a village and a lot of caffeine, but our room was ready to rock by the time the kiddos rolled in.  
Nurse Alison let us know labs were good and we were ready to move ahead and get medicine ordered.  Bless my momma for waiting at our house all day long for the FedEx guy who came at 3:50 when I was on my way home!  With meds here and in the fridge, I kept thinking about needing to get plans and everything ready for the sub when I'm out for monitoring, retrieval, and transfer-test.  (side note, those plans are still a work in progress LOL)   
When I was in my IVF binder, I came across some flyers Joe had taken from Indiana Reproductive Acupuncture.  They are located right by Dr. Bopp and work with Midwest frequently, but I had to check in with my trusty nurse before making an appointment.  Alison replied that they had several patients do acupuncture and many had good results.  Helping withs tress and anxiety was one of the biggest pluses to trying acupuncture, so I made an appointment.  Joe went with me for my consultation and first session, and the only painful part was the terrible traffic we got stuck in.  I didn't get any pictures of the needles, but I go again on Tuesday so maybe I will take a selfie!
Here's the link if anyone is interested; http://indianareproductiveacupuncture.com/fresh-cycle/.  It really was super relaxing and I'm looking forward to another appointment!
It's just waiting for the next couple weeks for the cycle to start and then the fun begins, it should be around the 16th.  (Pray for preschool because the 12th and 13th, I'm at a professional development!!)   We start with a baseline ultrasound and then medicines on day 3. 
Here's what you can pray specifically for right now...


  • Working on cutting back/almost eliminating caffeine    
  • Safe travels back and forth to school and appointments
  • TSH level to say between 1-2
  • Allergies to be tolerable and my head not to explode (no Claritin D or nasal spray during IVF)
I will post another update as we get closer and/or if I get a fun picture from acupuncture.  Thanks for the love, support, and prayers as we continue along our infertility adventures. 
Sarah

Here's a few fun summer memories that kept me from updating the blog!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to look over your shoulder(s) as you continue this journey. I will 'blanket' you in prayer. Love you cousins!

    ReplyDelete