Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Only one shot to go!

First day of shots

I guess I thought I had at least updated the blog after starting medicine, but evidently not!  Sorry about that friends, but thanks to social media I've been able to do quick updates.  Also, I've been a little flighty, so this blog post may be even more ADD than you folks are used to!

September 15th was my baseline appointment, starting my adventures of driving between Muncie, Marion, and Carmel.  (Pat McAfee's podcast and comedy show have been the soundtrack to these commutes from home to school to doc or acupuncture.  Laughter is the best medicine and doesn't give me headaches or bloating like the lovely Menopur, Follistim, and Ganirelex shots I have given myself.)

Last weekend, I really wanted to go see Shaun Latham again in Indy.  It's possible that my poor husband wasn't as excited as I was and that after only two days of shots...I played the IVF card to guilt him into going.  (I think it was something about being stuck in the house, full of hormones, and just wanting to get out and laugh)  I'm not proud, but we did go to Chubby's Comedy on Saturday night and got some laughs in!

Tuesday was my first monitoring appointment and thankfully they start at 7:15 so I could get back to preschool before the morning class left.  Everything looked good and I just had to wait for Nurse Alison to call me that afternoon and let me know to come back on Thursday.  Joe had to go for that monitoring appointment because we had to initial and sign our consents.  Someone was up a lot earlier than he was used to!  Thankfully, Joe got a good nap in before my lovely meltdown Thursday night.  (I made it a week on shots before having a meltdown, so that's not too bad)  Thanks to Joe's patience, girls who have been through IVF encouraging me, a hot bath, and some Jim Brickman on Pandora, I came out of the dark side.  I think I could have won a daytime Emmy for my soap opera crying, I'm just saying!

Yesterday morning, I ventured down to Carmel for monitoring.  Everything was looking good, but Nurse Sherry wanted me to hang out around Indy until she heard from Bopp about my trigger shot protocol, which thankfully will just be the HCG that I'm used to!  After my labs came back, Sherry called and said to come back for monitoring Sunday.   Cheryl was our nurse today, she's been with Dr. Bopp since we have been seeing him!  She was pretty sure that we would trigger tonight for retrieval on Tuesday, which was what I had been planning on and have Baryoh booked as my sub...it's a win-win.  Labs came back and she called to confirm that we will do our trigger shot tonight for retrieval on Tuesday at 7:30 am.  (I'm so thankful that it's early because I'm not the nicest and happiest girl when I can't eat or drink)

The alarm is set for 7:30 tonight for the trigger shot AKA the last shot, back in the morning at 7:15 for labs and pre-op instructions.  After that appointment, I will head to my kiddos.  It's hard being gone so much!

Here's our specific prayer requests for now...

  • Safe travels 
  • My allergies are driving me crazy, my head hasn't exploded yet, but it's been close.  Pray that it doesn't turn into a sinus infection or anything like that.
  • Preschool:  My assistants Sarah and Bethany are holding down the fort and thankfully we have Baryoh as a sub for the days I'm out now.  I've got caffeine and chocolate, so that part is covered.  I'm so thankful for all of my preschool peeps and my preschool families!
  • On Tuesday morning, pray for us as we travel to Carmel.  The retrieval is done under anesthetic.  Please pray that they are able to retrieve healthy follicles and that those follicles will fertilize!  
I will try and update on Tuesday after I nap or Wednesday after I get the fertilization report!
Thanks for the love and prayers!  I can't imagine going through IVF without the amazing support system that we have.
Love to all!
Sarah and Joe



Game day shots
A new podcast on Friday morning made that shot easier!



No comments:

Post a Comment