Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Transfer Tomorrow

On Tuesday morning, we headed down bright and early for our egg retrieval appointment and clearly I didn't update the blog like I meant to, I took a nice nap!  Dr. Colver was our doctor for the retrieval and our nurse let me wear just my lucky Colts socks back, so that was exciting.  It's the little things.  Fast forward to what I remember after the anesthesia, we got 26 eggs and I finally got a snack!  Goldfish and a juice box...the perfect snack for a preschooler (or a preschool teacher).  I'm very thankful that my darling husband doesn't record me coming out of anesthesia because evidently when Dr. Colver told me 26, my response was something about 23, 18, HIKE!  

Dude was kind enough to keep me company once we got home.

Wednesday morning it was back to my kiddos, with the restrictions of no lifting over 25 pounds or anything too intense.  I was anticipating our fertilization report in the afternoon, but it came around 9:00!
What was our fertilization report?!
Thanks to Scott Tolzien for helping share how many had embryos we had as of Wednesday morning!  
(If you don't know who he is, he is the backup QB for Mr. Luck.  #themoreyouknow)

Of our 26 eggs, they split them into two groups- 13 were put together to fertilize on their own and 10 eggs were fertilized using ICSI (where they put the sperm in the egg), 3 eggs were immature.  Out of those groups, 8 fertilized on their own and 8 fertilized with ICSI!  On Sunday morning, the embryologist will reevaluate them and identify the two strongest embryos to transfer.  We have only had two embryos make it to day 5 each IVF, but I've not responded this well before either.  If we do have more than two embryos, we will be able to freeze them to try again in the future.  Nurse Allison called to check in on Wednesday afternoon, but we were busy using the flashlights on our phones because there was a brief power outage.  I e-mailed her back to let her know I was fine and power had come back on, to which she reminded me to take it easy.  

Thursday was the beginning of progesterone and estrogen support, other than that it was just another normal day with my kiddos at school.  I'm so thankful for my girls at school who keep an eye on me and remind me not to pick up my little friends.  It's been a group effort getting sub plans ready for almost two full weeks, which is why I've not updated the blog.  My brain has been in preschool teacher mode because it's so hard to be out of school and away from the kiddos!  

Friday afternoon, Nurse Allison called with our transfer time...10:15 on Sunday.  Dr. Colver is the doctor who will be doing our transfer.  We have to be there at 9:45 to get ready.  Acupuncture is scheduled for 8:00 before the transfer, so we will have a little time before going over to Midwest.

Prayer request update...
  • We have at least two healthy embryos to transfer tomorrow!
  • I have acupuncture and medicine to calm my nerves on Transfer Day, pray that Joe has peace and calming, too.
  • Safe travels back and forth tomorrow
  • My allergies aren't being cooperative with the whole only taking Claritin thing!  
(in case I don't update before Monday morning)  Please pray for my preschoolers and my girls, have I mentioned how hard it is to NOT be at school?!  

Thanks for the love, prayers, and support!  We are so thankful to be surrounded with love and encouragement!
Love,
Sarah & Joe








1 comment:

  1. This blog really helped my wrap my head around this process. Boy...you and Joe have been through so much. Mighty prayers for all of your above requests. Know you are loved and many are cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete