Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fear and Faith


"Cautious optimism" is what they say for the time between your positive pregnancy test and the first ultrasound.  Guess what, tomorrow is our first ultrasound!  It's not until 3:00, so pray for us to stay calm and not stress during the day.  I'm going in for Hay Days with the morning class, so that will occupy my brain!  Tomorrow is the day that we pray will show us a good strong heartbeat.  
We started progesterone shots on the 15th to boost those levels up, so every night around 7:30 it's shot time.  I think this picture from night #1 explains shot time better than any words would!  (It could be payback for being such a handful for Joe all the time, LOL!)  

Let's keep it real and back up a little bit.  I think overall that I've been generally calm, taking it one day at a time, and not freaking out about being pregnant.  Well, until last Thursday when I had some cramping and spotting after school.  I think I gave new meaning to the ugly cry, but thankful Joe is always able to remain calm, talk me down, and Dr. Bopp has an answering service!  As soon as I made myself breathe and lay down, everything was better.  Bopp called about 7:30 to see how I was going and said to take it easy and come down in the morning for labs if it would make me feel better. (Shout out to my preschool peeps for helping reassure me they would hold down the fort and to take Friday off!!)  Friday morning, we headed out early to get fit into the schedule to make sure my HCG levels were fine.  
Have I mentioned how much I love the Midwest Fertility staff?!  Everyone is so caring and reassuring.  Nurse Allison hadn't gotten my message, so I gave her the update and Minnie did my labs.  We were home by around 9:30, but then we had to wait...waiting is life with IVF!  Allison called and said my levels had gone up beautifully, just to take it easy.  This was a huge sigh of relief.  By this stage in my first pregnancy, I had already been spotting and cramping and placed under couch arrest.  To say I was scared would be an under statement.  Praise the Lord, everything was fine and has been fine since.  I've been a good girl at school and taking it easy, just taking it one day at a time drinking lots of water and no caffeine.  (Try keeping up with preschoolers on no caffeine...thankfully Joe handles dinner!)
I'm so thankful for the love and support that we continue to receive!  I can't imagine going through all this without family and friends to pray us through.  Granted, at times it's scary to be honest and open but receiving all the prayers and love remind me of why we keep it out there.  I always go back to the Cade Foundation Banquet the year we were blessed with our grant for IVF #1.  The other grantees at our table hadn't told their families where they were going let alone the fact they had been facing infertility.  It's hard, but we are so blessed to have so much love and support!
Love,
Sarah and Joe

1 comment: