Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

And now we wait....


We are so blessed to have everyone keeping us in their thoughts, prayers, and hearts!!  
   
A teacher can't just take time off, you have to get stuff ready!
Sunday morning started off bright and early with acupuncture!  I wasn't too sure about the whole acupuncture thing, but figured it couldn't hurt and it hasn't.  Starting off with points on my back, I always get super relaxed and sleepy.  When I have needles in my belly and legs, I'm more easily distracted (shocker).  I've found playing around on my phone keeps my brain somewhat busy.  We went at 8:00 so David (acupuncture guy) could still have brunch with his family.  Family first!  While I was relaxing at acupuncture, Joe enjoyed a nap in the car.  David commented on how calm I seemed to be about the transfer, that maybe fantasy football and the Colts game were good distractions.  While they are good distractions, I just really wasn't stressed or anxious about the transfer this time.  Prayers for peace and calm were sure heard on Sunday!  

Our check-in time at Midwest was 9:45, so we just hung out for a few and listened to some pre game.    Once we got called back, I had to take my transfer day pill and drink a lot of water.  While I was consuming fluids, Joe got dressed in his fancy outfit and booties (which just barely fit over his size 15's).  Dr. Colver came in with our day 5 update.  We had two embryos ready for transfer with none for freezing.  One of our embryos is looking really promising and the other one has potential.  We headed back to the transfer room where "Canon in D" was playing for our calming music, which was one of the songs we used for our bridal party!  I took that as a good sign.  Dr. Colver said my uterine lining looked great and my bladder was super full, so that helped him have a good view.  The embryologist is standing at the door to the lab, confirms that the embryos are ours, Dr. Colver releases them into the catheter, gives it back to embryologist who confirms the catheter is empty.  Dr. Colver said we had a YouTube worthy transfer video.  First stop after the transfer was the potty, please don't be alarmed no bodily functions can make the embryos fall out!  Back to our room to lay flat for about 15 minutes before heading home.  I had seen a couple articles about clinics having 'medical clowns' to entertain patients after their transfer, the laughter helps ease the stress.  Who needs a creepy clown when you have Pat McAfee Uncaged on your phone?  Yup, I just watched my favorite punter tell jokes to pass the time!  
Rocking the old school Dallas Clark jersey...that he got when Dallas was drafted!
How cute is he?
Lucky socks, IVF essentials
Looking pretty relaxed on my way home LOL
Say hello to our two embryos

Once we got home, I set up camp on the couch to see the sad ending to the Colts game and take a nap.  The nurse had said I needed to spend my lying down for the rest of the day as much as possible and then on Monday I could sit up more.  Joe stayed home with me yesterday, and after a little bit of whining and obvious boredom suggested a movie.  Bless that man, it was good just to get out of the house and still follow the orders of taking it easy!  We went to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and I give it the Jonesy approval, it was good!  Sarah and Troy got me a goody bag of things to keep busy while I'm home, so last night we broke out the puzzle.  Bubba is still quite happy with the bag.

Today, I was free to drive so guess where I went...Starbucks (for a caffeine free Vanilla Bean Frap) and Target of course.  Please don't panic, I'm allowed to resume normal activities but will be taking it easy until the test on the 12th.  Thanks to technology, I've been able to video message with my preschoolers.  I do miss my kiddos, but taking it easy and not lifting just don't go well in preschool life.  I'm so thankful for my girls holding down the fort while I'm gone.   

Here's specific prayer requests...
  • Our little embryos, it just takes one to implant and grow!
  • No cabin fever for this girl!  If I get bored and antsy, I might get the urge to fall down the Google rabbit hole.  I just am trusting God has a plan for us and there's nothing on Google that will show a side effect or something different.  
  • Joe, he's the calm and rationale one in our house
  • My allergies are not my friend!  I'm down to just taking Claritin and the occasional Benadryl and sucking it up.  I do have lemon, lavender, and peppermint going in the diffuser.  
  • One of my preschoolers is supposed to have tonsils/adenoids out tomorrow, so please pray for this kiddo and the family
  • My other preschool kiddos to make good choices and not worry about why Jones has been out for a long time.  I'm so thankful for my girls holding down the fort and letting the kids know, I'm fine but I just won't be at school for a bit.  I'm thankful that I love what I do and miss my kiddos and peeps.
That's all for now folks!  Sorry it's long, but my human interaction is limited and I need an outlet!
Love always,
Sarah and Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment