Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Monday, October 31, 2016

A quick update

Yup, my dear husband is still kindly giving me a nightly shot of progesterone!

Alright folks, my ADD brain really intended to update the blog over Fall Break about our ultrasound visit...I had lunch with Misty and took a lot of naps over break!  That's about the extent of my productivity!
The anticipation and anxiety leading up to the first ultrasound is pretty high to say the least.  In the IVF binder, you're encouraged to be cautiously optimistic until that first ultrasound.  Thankfully, Joe drove us down so I could just play Candy Crush and not stress out.  Faith over fear is really something I am working on!!  While we waited for Dr. Bopp, Joe provided me with some much needed comic relief and I sang some preschool songs.  I let out a huge sigh when we heard the heartbeat.  Have I mentioned how much we love Midwest Fertility, especially Dr. Bopp and Allison!  
Any ultrasound pictures will be posted on the blog, not straight to Facebook so you have to come here if you want to see.
So, here it is...our little diamond ring (that's what Bopp said)  We were right at six weeks last Wednesday, and he was glad to hear such a strong heartbeat.  We go back again on November 9th.
Please keep the prayers coming that our little one continues to grow!  Prayers for Joe as he handles a hormonal wife who is exhausted all the time.  I'm so thankful for my preschool peeps who are so helpful and keep me in check.  One thing I'm really working on is not being afraid and freaked out all the time, just having faith!
Love, 
Sarah and Joe



2 comments:

  1. You are incredible. This journey you and Joe are embarking on is both one of faith, and understandable fear. Your sense of humor and love for one another is what will get you through all of this. Prayers that this pregnancy continues and your arms--and heart will be full.

    ReplyDelete