Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Monday, May 21, 2012

Thanks for the prayers and love!

I appreciate all the love and prayers from our friends and family today!

Our journey moved ahead a little more today.  I had my surgery to get rid of the polyps Dr. Bopp found last month.  After making sure things were ready to go for my munchkins, I got to focus on no food or drink after midnight!  Joe, being the awesome husband that he is, suffered without food and drink with me.  He rocks!  We had a pre-op with Dr. Bopp at ten, just to touch base and go over everything.  Since surgery wasn't until one, we got to hang out in the surgery center waiting area for a bit.  (They have a TV, Midwest doesn't.)  I'm really not sure what we did before smart phones to keep occupied in waiting rooms.  Once I got called back, my phone was under my hospital bed and I was having some withdraw!  The nurse was kind enough to let me wear my Colts socks instead of the itchy ones they offered.  After what seemed like eternity, Dr. Bopp came and they wheeled me back.  Joe went up to Midwest while I was out.  Good ol' Dr. Bopp told me to think of a warm vacation spot, they gave me oxygen, and that was that!  Next thing I remember was sipping a diet coke.  :)  We have some nice colored pics of before and after...guessing nobody will line up to see those!  Dr. Bopp said there were a few more polyps than originally thought, but he cleaned house and we are good to go.  He is sending them off to pathology, just to to check.  So, now we just wait for Joe's count update and then it's just a matter of paying our share of the IVF expense.  

Dr. Bopp just called to check in on me, I really appreciated that!  He said he's glad we did the procedure since there were more polyps than we thought and my lining is good to go!

Looking ahead, be sure to join us for the Cade Foundation Race for the Family on June 23 in Chicago.  If you can't join us, but would like to support the Cade Foundation let me know!

So, now it's time just to rest and relax.  Not heading back to the munchkins until Wednesday, so it's the kitties, the DVR, and I until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment