Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Love is Patient



Twelve years ago, these words were read at our wedding and really sum up life at the Jones' house!

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT


Happy 12 years tomorrow babe!!  This afternoon I've been scrolling through pictures and thinking about how blessed I am daily that Joe is my husband.  While I wouldn't recommend or wish infertility on anyone, it has definitely been a factor in helping us to grow stronger as a couple.  Life has never been dull or easy at the Jones' house, but we have managed to overcome the various challenges in our path.  Thankfully, Joe is the level-headed one when I go Code Red!  I'm a blessed girl.  


Tuesday we ventured to Anderson for my hysteroscopy.  Dr. Darroca was able to remove the polyps he found and we were back in Muncie by four.  I'm not the most congenial girl without food or drink, so I was very thankful they moved surgery from 3:30 to 12:30!  This was my first adventure at Community Hospital in Anderson and I really appreciated how they took care of me.  My TSH came back at 2.45, below the 2.5 where Dr. Morris wants it to be.  The nurse called and was going to order some more labs...something about thyroid antibodies just to make sure it's all under control.  However, I ventured to LabCorp to find the order hadn't arrived.  That test will have to wait until Monday.  I go back for a post-op appointment on the 23rd with Darroca.  I'm hoping that day we can figure out what ovarian reserve testing he can do for us.  The ovarian reserve testing will help guide Dr. Morris in the medicine protocol, so having that information will help us be able to budget for meds.
Wednesday I had taken off as a personal illness day just to make sure I was good to go after anesthetic.  The morning started off with me feeling fine thinking that I could have gone to school.  As the day moved on, my shoulders and neck were sore and tight.  I had forgotten that after these procedures, you get shoulder pain as the gas leaves your body.  (It seems like you should just be able to toot and be done with it, but no shoulder and neck pain is more fun)  When I ventured back to the munchkins on Thursday, I just had a happy heart.  Having little smiles and hugs makes all the crazy times of teaching worth it.  I think when I'm out for the IVF I'm going to have to FaceTime with the kiddos!  I'm so thankful for a job I love and wonderful people that steer the ship when I need to be out.  (A special shout out to Ms. Kelly who I ditched for a surgery the week of her finals!  I did leave chocolate)
Please pray for us as we enter the holidays.  Last year at this time, I had started bleeding and then miscarried.  Things are off to a great start for the holidays- we have our Christmas tree up and Polar Express Day is coming in preschool!  
Pray that we are able to count our blessings and look toward the future.  Pray that my thyroid levels comes back fine and that we get the ovarian reserve testing done.  One blessing I've discovered is a discount medication program, so that may turn out to be a major answer to prayer.  
In other excitement, this girl got baptized last Saturday!  I'm so thankful and blessed.  Stay warm and safe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment