Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Adventures in shots and monitoring

The show is on the road!  This morning I went back for another monitoring appointment.  I've responded well to the medicines....18 follicles on the first day, 21 on Sunday, and 22 today  The follicles are slowly getting bigger, which is a good thing.  I'm headed back in the morning for more blood work and another ultrasound.  We just need the follicles to get a little bigger and be more the same size.  (please pray for that) My uterine lining is also thickening, the first ultrasound she said they wanted it be thicker than 8cm, and Sunday it was almost 9.  Woohoo.
Things are moving right along, so we are on target.  Today I had a minor meltdown when leaving Midwest because I may need more medicine.  Yup, that's all it took....I think I may need a hormone alert that goes off to give everyone a heads up.  At least this meltdown was just in the car!  ;)  After a good cry, I was on the road back to munchkin land.  I'm ordering more of one medicine that I will need tomorrow, and if I need the other for Thursday they are going to loan us the two vials.  We're trying to work around the holiday delivery. Bless Nurse Allison for answering my e-mails and Joe Jones for his ability to remain calm when I'm in crisis mode!  
"Shooting up" has become less traumatic!  I've expanded my horizons and done injections at home, at church, at school, and at the eye doctor.  This is all in an effort to ensure shots are done between 5:30-5:45 am and pm.  (Yes, 5:30am is when I get up.  It's a lot easier to get things done before the munchkins come.)
Thankfully, I work with fabulous ladies who remind me to take care of myself and not stress about missing time in class!  (While I do miss my Allen friends, the move to preschool has been such a blessing in many ways!!!)
Please continue to pray for my follicles to grow, my estrogen level to increase, and for my hormones not to be too crazy!  More to come when we know when the egg retrieval is! 
Thanks for the love, support, prayers, and encouragement!  We are truly blessed with amazing family and friends!
Sarah & Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment