Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, November 17, 2012

One week down!


First off, I need to thank everyone who has prayed for us, given encouragement, and just been an awesome support as we have started on our cycle.  I keep thinking about some of the couples at the Cade Banquet last year that didn't have any family support...I just can't imagine.  We are so blessed to have amazing family and friends!
Monday morning my darling husband got up with me at 5:40 to help cheer me on as I started the Menopur.  That's another blessing...Joe Jones is always the calm, level headed one when I'm in a panic.  Shot was done, Joe went off to bed, and I went off to my munchkins.  That morning we were "blessed" with enough snow to set the kiddos into full excitement...oy vey.  I got home to do my Follistim shot at 5:40 since they are due every 12 hours.  This one didn't stress me out since it's a dial up  pen and I've used it before.  Joe said I could wake him up Tuesday if I needed him to do the shot.  However, my co-dependent self was on a mission to do it on my own!  While the hands were a little shaky, I got it done on my own.  It helps to have the instructions taped up so you can follow, follow, follow directions!  (Gotta love Dr. Jean's Rules Rap)
Everything need for the morning Menopur
One thing that helps with the morning shot is a little Pandora!  Mercy Me and Michael W. Smith are my two most used stations.  Wednesday morning, I discovered this song..."Tunnel".  It was just what I needed to hear.  As far as side effects, they've not been too bad.  I feel a little bloated, but it's tolerable when your friends don't mind the fact you unbutton your pants at lunch.  LOVE my preschool peeps!
Yesterday was my first monitoring appointment.  I wasn't too sure about letting someone wearing a Tom Brady jersey take my blood, but not really my choice.  She commented on my ChuckStrong bracelet, to which I said something to the effect of it won't go with your jersey.  It turns out she does go to Colts games because her husband is a fan, but she loves the Patriots.  (a little nausea just saying that!)  Thank goodness we don't have that problem at our house!  Fantasy Football is enough trash talking for the Jones'.  (Forgive my ADD, back to appointment)  My ultrasound showed my uterine lining is already thickening, they want it to be higher than 8 and it's already at 7.  I have 10 follicles on the left and 8 on the right.  Woohoo.  Granted, some more may develop and some will drop off but I think the fact I had 18 on my first day was a good sign.  As much as Andrew Luck is growing on me, Peyton is still #1 in my heart.  Corny and cheesy, but it's the little things and I took the number 18 as a good sign! Nurse Allison went over everything with me and said she'd call me later.  Bloodwork looked good, Menopur and Follistim doses are the same, and we go back Sunday morning.
I started Ganirelix last night...yeah for another needle!  This one keeps me from ovulating before they want me to.  It was a pre-filled syringe, so that wasn't bad.  Joe was off yesterday so he helped with evening shots.  I had to tape some new instructions to the wall for this one.  We decided on a date night last night, so we went and had dinner at Chili's.  Romance is having a guy understand that even though it's only seven, you're putting jammies on.  We watched Big Bang and the League, and I'm guessing I was out on the couch around 8:30.  Preschool and hormones make for one tired Jonesy!
I set my alarm for 5:30 today so my timing will be on track.  At least after this shot, I got to go back to bed.  Monitoring in the morning and then home for a nap before the Colts/Pats game.  Hopefully tomorrow or Monday we will know our time line a little better.
This song  is my ring tone! :D
The prayers and encouragement are amazing!  Keep praying for us as the shots continue.  Pray that I continue to respond well to the medication and my follicles get to 18-20 mm.  Pray for Joe as he deals with hormonal me.  We are so excited to finally be moving on, but it's a little scary at times.  Pray that we stay relaxed and positive at our outcome.
Love,
Sarah & Joe






No comments:

Post a Comment