Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Sunday, November 11, 2012

This is really happening!

The big box of medicine and needles

It looks like I haven't blogged since the big box of meds came, so we shall start there!  Joe's day off is Friday, so that left momma off the hook for Med Watch.  Walgreen's hadn't given us a tracking number or estimated time, so Joe was sticking close to home.  Good ol' Sue Lynn brought him Pizza King for lunch and hung out so he could go get a part for the Impala.  While they are hanging out, I'm off in munchkin land with my babies anxiously awaiting news of delivery!  The pharmacy left me a voice mail because Fed Ex had said nobody was home.  Oy vey, there is never a dull moment.  Before calling Joe, I activate Sue Lynn to Med Watch duty!  Turns out my dearest husband had been on watch while fixing my car in the driveway.  Fed Ex was supposed to attempt another delivery or we could pick it up after 6.  I zoom on home and there's still no box.  Joe ventured out to the Fed Ex place to pick up our valuable package.  Opening the box of medicine was step one in the holy cow, things are getting real phase of IVF!
You would think it would have set in after over a year of planning, but nope!  There's always been a curve ball along the way, and so the fact things are finally on track is a little exciting and scary at the same time.  Yesterday things finally got moving so we knew we would be ready for our start cycle appointment!  Like a kid on Christmas, I was up at 5:30 and wide awake.  In my defense, 5:23 is my daily wake up time for school.  Thankfully, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter were able to keep me quiet and entertained until Midwest opened at 7:30.  Allison had said on the weekends to be ready to head down after I called to set up the appointment.  Sure enough, we tossed on some clothes and were on our way for a 9:00 appointment.  In the waiting room, I was introduced to a new game...Angry Birds Star Wars!  Woohoo.
The ultrasound looked good other than my left ovary is placed a little funky, so can be hard to find.  We met with the nurse and signed our life away AKA signed our consent forms.  Monitoring appointments are set for every day starting Friday the 16th-Wednesday the 21st.  We may not go every day, but they set an appointment just in case.  My school day appointments are at 8, which allows me to go straight to school after!  I'm not worried about the fort being held down while I'm gone because I work with FABULOUS ladies, but I will miss my girls and my munchkins.  Hopefully I won't miss seeing my morning crew every day!  
Drum roll please, shots start in the morning!  I will be waking Joe up for moral support at 6 am for my first dose of Menopur.  12 hours later I will do my first shot of Follistim, which isn't too traumatic because it's what I did for our cycles of IUI.  
Please keep the prayers coming!  We are so thankful for our supportive family and friends that have gotten us this far.  Pray for me as I start injections, pray that my body responds well, pray for Joe and everyone that has to deal with me as my hormones start shifting!
Have a fabulous week!
Love, 
Sarah & Joe

First appointment down, many more to come!!


2 comments:

  1. Stacie and I are praying specifically for both of you during this time. We are excited and hopeful for a positive outcome!
    God Bless
    Nick

    ReplyDelete