Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, December 15, 2012

A little anniversary rambling


Our wonderful wedding party
Happy anniversary to my dearest husband!  Today we celebrate eleven years of marriage.  Every year, I break out my tiara and the wedding DVD.  Yup, it's my princess day!  Our wedding was the princess day I wanted, and am so thankful that things only got better from there.  We started our life together surrounded by friends and family that always encouraged and supported us.  Today, we still are so blessed to have the amazing support system we started with.  The support has changed courses as we've grown older, but we know we've always got each other and that a lot of people are in our corner.  You may think I'm crazy, but infertility is one thing that made our marriage stronger.  I can see where it will make or break your marriage.  It's physically, emotionally, and financially draining.  Here we are, seven years after hoping to expand our family...we made it.  While the love, prayers, and words of encouragement get me through each day, shot, test, procedure...the one person that I couldn't function without is Joe.  From the Clomid crazy, procedures, surgeries, negative tests, other friends and family getting pregnant, to IVF....Joe has always been the voice of calm and reason.  When I panic and freak, he can talk me off the edge.  If I cry, he holds me and reminds me it will be okay.  When I need a little common sense or get to off task, he's there.  I just could go on and on.  Figured it was a good day to give Joe Jones the shout out he deserves for being such an awesome guy!
Young love ;)
God Gave Me You
Last Thursday, I went for another HCG test.  Nurse Allison said he would keep checking until there was more than just that 2/3 increase I'd had.  Going to school with my girls and my munchkins made waiting for test results much more tolerable!  My level was 430, up from the 221, and the increase that meant we could finally schedule the ultrasound.  Praise the Lord!  We will go for our ultrasound on the 27th @ 11:45.  This is the big moment where we will be able to move past our guarded optimism phase after seeing a heartbeat.  (This may be the most memorable Christmas ever!)  They did check my thyroid level, which was a little high.  My medicine has been adjusted, so now we just need to pray it goes back to between 1-2.  (It's 6 now)  Please continue to pray that our little tic tac keeps growing!
I can't ask for prayers for us without feeling a little selfish.  The heartbreaking shooting yesterday is just horrific.  As a teacher, I can't imagine.  Please pray for the kids, the families of the victims, the school, and the community.  It just makes me sick to think about.  It really puts things into perspective.  I know I will be loving on my munchkins at school on Monday a little more than usual!
As always, thanks for the love and prayers!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment