Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Another good day!!


Man, I thought this day was never going to get here!  In the binder, the page about pregnancy tests says proceed with cautious optimism until an ultrasound with a heartbeat....today was the big day.  Since I have a tendency to bury the lead...we have one embryo with a heartbeat!
Now, back to the events of the day!  :)Dr. Bopp and Alison were both on vacation, so we saw Dr. Colver today.  (I've now had interactions with all doctors at Midwest and have nothing but positive to say about all of them.)  We left a little before nine, not knowing for sure how the roads were going to be.  
Thanks to my wonderful sister Joy for giving me Sea Bands years ago!  Since we rode the Metro in DC I have bouts of car sickness, and not so much is Dramamine an option these days.  These little wrist bands really work!  (Saltines, Sprite, and gum also helps)
We rolled into Carmel around 10:20...our appointment wasn't until 11:45.  When I called to see how the schedule looked, Kim said it was pretty packed so go have breakfast.  Someone was starving so we ate McDonald's before we left Muncie.  Rather than drive around pointlessly, we headed to Midwest.  The couch is pretty comfy and we have plenty of entertainment on our phones.  
Dr. Colver said I'm measuring a little smaller than expected.  By the calculations, I am 6 weeks and 6 days today.  However, our little runt (new name for the Tic Tac) is measuring at 6 weeks and 1 day.  The heartbeat is appropriate for his size.  We go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound with Dr. Bopp.  No more couch potato living for me!
Working on this one!
It never ceases to amaze me and make me feel blessed when we get outpourings of support, prayers, and well wishes on Facebook.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't imagine going through all this without an amazing support system.  It makes sense why people don't share their infertility struggles or early pregnancy stuff...it's emotional, it's scary...it's just draining.  While today was super exciting, I can't lie.  I was still scared after we left the doctor.  After seven years of trying to get pregnant, we finally did it...and it's scary.  Each trip to the doctor involves anxiety, which is another reason why I am so thankful for everyone that prays us through it.  Thankfully Joe is always the calm, voice of reason that keeps under control.  I've got my mustard seed and am really working on letting my faith be bigger than my fears.  God has brought us down this road for a reason, so I just need to remember that!
So, thanks for all the prayers!  Please continue to pray that our little runt grows and the heart beat is even stronger next week.  Pray for me to work on the faith over fear thing.  Pray for Joe as he deals with me, my hormone changes, and the interesting joys of pregnancy!  (Who knew a girl could be even gassier!)
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  Have a safe and blessed New Year!
Love,
Sarah & Joe

1 comment:

  1. Sarah....I've talked enough to you, this one is for Mr.Jones. :)


    Dear Joe,
    Thanks for keeping Sarah calm, collected, and couched. I know it can be trying at times, with the crazy hormones, anxiety of carrying the pregnancy to term, the drives to Indy, and just the usual married stuff. But you know, every married couple has their battles whether it is infertility, jobs, in-laws, home buying, taking care of ill kids, etc. It can make or break a couple. Just keep focused on the big picture and pick your battles. I do not know you well, but Sue Lynn thinks the sun rises and sets in the guy her daughter calls 'husband'. I feel through the blog and FB I have gotten to know you and Sarah so much better. I treasure family. It is a 'Ruthie' and 'Pauline' thing and it is a good trait to inherit. My sister Carol and her husband Jim battled infertility back in the 70's when it did not even have a name. They kept their issues secret, as there was such stigma, shame (what is wrong with you guys that you can't get pregnant?) and such. I am so thankful that this is an issue that is not hidden. Oh, I know, you being a guy, you may not want all of your 'business' out there for the world to see. Well, sorry, Joe, you are in the wrong family for privacy!! HA! I am that short woman with small feet and a big mouth. Well, at times. I just want you to know that I am thankful that I can follow your journey, so I can keep you and Sarah and Little Runt in my thoughts and prayers. Life can be a lonely journey, sometimes. We all can use a cheerleader now and then. Okay...I am done. I know you are glad. Getting a blog post from a cousin you hardly know may be awkward. Hang in there and take the cats for a walk when Sarah is having one of 'those moments'. HA! In the meantime...many of us will hold you all in our heads, hearts and prayers until Baby Jones is here.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete