Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Back to bed rest

Hello again bed rest!  I haven't missed you too much.  It's been a few crazy days.  Saturday I had a meltdown because I was spotting a little.  I called the on call number, and Dr. Reuter called back quickly.  She said to take it easy, push lots of fluids, and relax.  If there was still concern, I was to  call Bopp on Monday.  Of course, I called Monday morning.  Nurse Alison said they could do another HCG for my sanity.  Thankfully I work with amazing women who said to go and they would hold down the fort.  (My preschool peeps are awesome and help keep me from being stressed about school work). Alison may have put a rush on my order because I had results before the afternoon kiddos arrived.  HCG was 1792!  Increasing just the way it should.  Whew.  Some peace of mind until about 8 last night.  I started cramping and had more than just a little spotting.  Insert full blown Sarah meltdown.  I was scared to death something bad was happening!  That fear lingered this morning until I talked to Alison and she said to come down for an ultrasound and they would work me in.  Thankfully, I am married to a man who can tolerate me as I am and reassure and encourage me!  Alison greeted us and took my blood pressure...140/90.  Seriously why do doctors check that when you're a hot mess?!  Alison and another girl came in for the ultrasound.  I was in tears when they walked in, can't lie!  We were able to see one sac, right where it is supposed to bed!  Praise The Lord! There's another spot, of course I can't remember the medical term, that is causing the bleeding. The pregnancy is safe, but this could put it at risk...enter bed rest again!  I am one with the couch until further notice.  We want the bleeding and cramping to stop, and from the ultrasound it looks hopeful.  From Saturday to now, I had just shared my drama with just a few people that I knew would keep us in their prayers.  Today, I decided I needed to update everyone since so many people have prayed us this far!  It's scary because a lot happens I the first trimester, and most folks opt to keep their pregnancy on the down low until the first 12 weeks are done.  However, when you are publicly sharing your infertility and IVF journey, you gotta shoot it straight!  Please continue to pray for us as we take it easy and wait until the 27th when we will be able to hear the heartbeat.  Pray that my hormones simmer a tad so we won't have major meltdowns.... They are tiring!  I'm really working on my mustard seed of faith to move these mountains.  It makes me sad to miss Polar Express day and the Christmas program, but right now I have to come first and be thankful that I work with amazing women who steer the ship and send me pictures!  I am so thankful that we have a support system ready to have our backs at a moment's notice!
Until the next time, thanks for the love and prayers!  Please keep them coming.  Being still is hard for my ADD self, but right now it's what I have to do!
Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Well, I say to follow the doctor's orders, stay on the couch, and remember that you have a support system which is 'on call' whenever you need it. Yes, your situation is delicate, but not yet dire. There are a lot of positive 'small victories' in this update. So glad that you are recognizing the need to do whatever steps necessary to keep this pregnancy going. Whenever you feel a meltdown coming....say to yourself the words of the scripture: "Do not be afraid." And know, you are loved. Keep us posted!
    Your Favorite ADD Cousin, Deb!

    ReplyDelete