Joe and Sarah

Joe and Sarah

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Adventures in couch arrest

Let's start with me dropping some knowledge...my issue is a subchorionic bleed!  The only reason I know that is Alison wrote it in one of my many e-mails checking in with her, but figure I would take a second to use a medical term.  One thing I can say without hesitation is the staff at Midwest is amazing!  Alison has been key to my mental health, answering every question and reassuring me.  (She's on vacation this week, so we shall see what nurse gets the joy of my calls!)
While under couch arrest, I missed Polar Express day and the programs.  Wearing my cute pajamas at home with the cats wasn't as fun as pajama day at preschool.  What am I doing...a whole lot of nothing!  I have watched numerous episodes of FRIENDS, Big Bang Theory, and Sex and the City.  I've also fallen in love with the show Girls!  Thankfully Pinterest can also provide hours of mindless entertainment and some good ideas for when I return to Munchkin Land.  I have done a lot of searching in the Bible for verses on faith.  Every time I use my phone as a Bible, I think about how Grandma Tinkle would be so fascinated.  It's so easy to be scared about what's going on and think about all the "what if" scenarios.  That's the time I start searching for a verse or turn on Pandora.  The traditional hymn station always brings me some peace and makes me think of hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa when I was little.
I consider myself a fairly social being, so being home alone without anyone to talk to can be a little rough.  The cats aren't great conversationalists, but they do like to snuggle and take shifts on the couch.  As with everything along this journey, I'm so thankful and blessed when I hear from someone.  Just a little message checking in, a random text, a phone call,  and/ or saying "I'm praying for you guys," really means a lot.  I've come to appreciate the little things!
At the Race for the Family, Tinina told me to remember to have a mustard seed of faith!  Steph got me a mustard seed bracelet that I've carried with me since.  It really helps to have a concrete reminder to have the faith!  (The Cade Foundation is named after Tinina, who carried her daughter Camille's triplets for her...amazing story if you haven't heard)
More updates will be coming on Thursday!  Please continue to pray for our little tic tac to continue to grow and stay put.  Pray that the bleeding stays away and that eventually I will get to move off the couch.  Please pray that our ultrasound on Thursday shows a healthy heartbeat!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your families!  Thanks for the love and prayers!
Sarah & Joe




1 comment: